All aspects of the Recycling Industry are regulated and require corporate licenses. Licensing falls under various English statutes and adopted European conventions. As a provider of services, within this sector, we are accordingly licensed under several authorities, covering different aspects of our business .
Licenses and authorities held by the company include:-
- J Watson and Sons Limited appear on the Public Register of Exempt Waste Operations.
- J Watson and Sons Limited hold a ‘Permit to Transfer Waste’.
- J Watson and Sons Limited hold a ‘Waste Carriers License’.
- J Watson and Sons Limited hold an ‘Environmental Hazard Waste License’.
- J Watson and Sons hold an ‘Environmental Protection act 1990′, Site License.
- J Watson and Sons Limited are registered ‘Scrap Metal Merchants and Recyclers’.
- J Watson and Sons hold a ‘Mobile Plant Permit’.
All of our external project work falls under the control of the Construction, Design Management Regulations 2015.
As such, these types of project are run under protocols dictated by the Act. This includes detailed pre-project planning and due diligence. It also requires a Construction Phase Plan to be developed which is sufficient to the needs and scale of the project.
The presiding authority for such operations is the Health and Safety executive.